Want to move from private practice to an in-house legal role?
Change to a new legal specialism?
Thinking of a complete change in career direction?
Uncertain of the career options open to you?
Unsure how to approach the job market?
Considering leaving the Bar?
CareerBalance consultants have assisted over 2,000 barristers and solicitors over the past thirteen years. From partners and Silks to newly qualified professionals.
For solicitors in private practice, the route to partnership is becoming longer and more uncertain. There is pressure to meet fee targets, to develop new business and service the needs of demanding clients.
Many barristers are struggling with significant cuts in Legal Aid, growing competition, and a reluctance by solicitors’ firms to instruct outside counsel.
We know that you have worked hard to qualify and to build your skills and expertise as a lawyer. Any change in career direction needs to be carefully thought through.
We help you to understand the career options that are open to you inside and outside the legal profession, so that you can make an informed decision on where to take your career next. We’ll show you examples of opportunities in the commercial, public and not-for-profit sectors. We also guide and support you on the best way to approach the job market and to find what you want.
You will meet one of our career coaches first for a Career Options & Job Search Consultation. This can also be done via Skype. After your consultation we’ll send you an outline of the further support we can offer you to take your career forward.
The career planning and job search programme we provide typically include the following:
- Full review of your transferable job skills and knowledge
- Discussion of your career needs, what you want to achieve, and your priorities outside work
- Psychometric profiling on your strengths and preferences and new career alternatives
- Specific roles and organisations for you to consider – inside and outside the law
- Producing a professional CV and cover letters to help you get interviews
- Coaching for job interviews
- Effective job search strategy that you can implement
- Job market research to uncover opportunities in the ‘hidden’ job market
- Selecting and getting the best from recruitment consultants
- Negotiating the right reward package
Please read about us in the Law Gazette:
Send us your CV and a brief note of where you need most help in your career and we’ll let you know how we can help you. Make an enquiry
Related Case Studies