You are now likely to make at least three major career changes during your working life.
Changing career direction can be risky. You may be surrendering your current job, income and security to try something new. What happens if you don’t succeed, or if your new career turns out to be a disappointment?
You may also face resistance from family and friends who are concerned that you are making a mistake.
You’ll also have to overcome obstacles in the job market including:
“You don’t have any experience.”
“Why do you think you can succeed in this?”
“Why on earth do you want to change career now?”
Your CareerBalance consultant will help you to identify the most suitable career options open to you. This will help you make an informed decision about what you do next and your longer term career direction. We have helped hundreds of individuals to find more rewarding and meaningful careers. Our clients range from senior executives to recent graduates.
We take a cautious approach to career changes, recognising the value of your existing qualifications, skills and expertise. We therefore start by helping you to look at different roles in related areas that will still allow you to continue using your strengths.
Our career consultants have assisted lawyers to become speech therapists and bankers to become journalists. We’ve supported long standing employees to go freelance or to set up their own business.
What Our Career Coaches Can Offer
Our career coaches specialise in different occupations and sectors. We work with you to:
- Identify your key strengths, specialist knowledge and transferable job skills
- Understand what really drives you and what you most need from your work and your working environment to be happy
- Assess your potential to develop in new ways
- Explore the most suitable career options open to you
- Plan your long-term career direction
- Change paths and move your career forward
- Market yourself effectively and approach the job market in the right way